Week 6 Day 4

Yesterday, we had our final exam in class, which was (luckily) not as hard as I had expected it to be!  I hadn’t had much time to study the night before, but I was still able to understand pretty much everything (although our teacher did mention there would be some material that we hadn’t really learned much of, but was just to see what we could figure out) and my brain was functioning normally, which was very useful.

We had an independent lunch, and since I still had some things I wanted to do, I walked down Pushkin and got myself some savory goods at a bakery, got almost the rest of my money exchanged, and then scoured the two nearby Librarius’ (a book store) for Mafia card decks...I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for, but they did have something pretty similar, which I bought since it was cheap:


The cards look a bit different, but otherwise it seems to be the same thing.

After that, I walked over to the bus stop and got on the #22 bus to go to the Botanical Gardens (where we would be doing more volunteering). As it turns out, I got off at the wrong stop (it was right by a large enclosed green space and I couldn’t really read the street names), so I had to wait another ten or so minutes for the next bus to come, since I guess everything was just running late. Eventually, I got there, and we split off into smaller groups so that we could focus on different parts of one of the smaller gardens. Georgia, Melina (and later Amouna and Blakely) and I were in charge of cutting the dead parts off of plants, which was much harder than it looked. We were there for about two hours, and it still didn’t look like the five of us got much of anything done:

There is an awkward circle of green at the front and in the middle, 
which were the only areas we got to.

When we finished, a few of us took the bus to Malldova (which was on the way home) since I had to buy my mother another shirt with bad English on it for her collection. There were several good candidates, but there was one that by far surpassed the others (not pictured here).




We also got some ice cream while we were there, since we were still very much feeling the heat from outside.

I made an effort to get home early that night (since I had definitely been out too late the night before), and when I got home, Vera gave me a small dinner before I went off to do some homework. About an hour later, her aunt arrived, since Vera was going to be gone overnight for a bit, so her aunt was going to stay with me. She was very nice and talkative, so I got some good speaking practice in, and then took a quick shower before heading to bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Pre-Departure Orientation: Day 2