Week 4 Day 7

Sunday! I got to sleep in even more since my host mom was at church and I didn’t have to be anywhere until 4:00. I got up at about 10:00 and had some breakfast. Vera had left me a note again about what to do for food, and it was a pretty quiet morning.

I did some more reading, made plans for what presents I still had to buy and took a shower, but my options were somewhat limited since the WiFi was being a bit unpredictable.

After lunch, I got dressed and got ready to meet the others for volunteering with the ACCESS students. ACCESS is an English language program for students all over Moldova, and they were having a camp in Chisinau, so we visited them for a few hours and helped them with one of their activities. As it turns out, they were doing a “shark tank”-type project while we were there, so we joined their groups to help them present to the counselors. Each participant had to speak for a minute in English, but to give us an *extra challenge*, they made all of the NSLI-Yers speak for a minute in Russian (which was a bit of a struggle). In the end, though, we all enjoyed ourselves!

After we were done, a few people decided to go bowling, but since I hadn’t mentioned it to my host mom, I just walked home.

When I got home, we had a nice and quiet evening, and I Skyped with my dad and brother for a bit, and I also texted a bit with some of my friends, who I hadn’t seen in several months, so that was also nice.

Julia K (one of said friends) asked me to mention her, and since we talked about her dog, I will grace you with a picture of her:

Koko, Julia’s dog.

I also managed to get to bed at a reasonable hour on a school night, so that was fortunate, but it was another mellow day which I had been needing for a while.



Comments

  1. Thank you for featuring my beautiful puppy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Week 3 Day 1