Week 6 Day 2

Today was one of the busier remaining days this week, but still very laid back compared to the first few weeks.

In class, we reviewed all the grammar we had learned so far in preparation for our test on Thursday. Since we had an independent lunch, about eight of us took a bus to the center and had lunch at Andy’s Restaurant (owned by the same people who run Andy’s Pizza), since it was close to the post office (where we were supposed to meet up at 2:30), and because it was fast. There was also a currency exchange spot just around the corner, so Elizabeth and I stopped in there so we would have enough money to eat.

At 2:30, we met up outside the post office and split up into groups for the Market city quest we were going to do with our language partners. We got to walk down Stephan cel Mare blvd. for a while, and had to stop in several different stores and ask for the prices of different things, and one of them was a candy store:



I will most definitely be going back there to buy some to take home—figuring out how to keep it from melting on the trip will be another issue, but I guess I’ll just have to do my best.

We looked around the market for a bit, since part of the activity involved finding goods of different colors and at different price points, and once we were done (it took a total of about 45 minutes to do), we walked back up Pushkin and sat down at a cafe, since Georgia wasn’t feeling too well, and the rest of us were in need of refreshments. Most of us had overdressed for the day since the forecast had predicted storms from 12:00-7:00, and that it would only be around 70 degrees instead of the usual 85-95. However, it only rained for less than an hour (while we were inside), and stayed at about the usual temperature, which was kind of disappointing.

After a bit, some of the others joined us at our cafe and we played a few rounds of mafia (and tried to interpret the Russian rule book, somewhat in vain). When it got to be about 6:00, most of us left—me, to go home, and some of the others to go to a trivia night at the FLEX camp.

When I got home, I wasn’t feeling all that great (I think it had something to do with my lunch), so I mostly just lay down on my bed and kept reading Jane Eyre, and when my host mom called me for dinner, I explained (to the best of my abilities) what was going on, so she only gave me half a bowl of soup, which was more helpful than I expected.

I’m still not up to 100%, but I hope I’ll be feeling better in the morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Pre-Departure Orientation: Day 2