Week 5 Day 4

In class on Thursday, we mostly just prepared for our test and reviewed all of the new things we had learned during the week, as well as some things from earlier in the program, since this week’s test was going to be more cumulative.

Also, since it was the day before a test, we had an independent lunch and a free afternoon, which was very convenient. As soon as class was done, we took a bus into the center and I stopped by the post office to mail some postcards and letters, and then about nine or ten of us walked a few blocks to a Greek restaurant that Maggie’s host mom had recommended.

I had some type of kebab with a bunch of condiments—I would have gotten something else, but the menu didn’t have many english translations, and those that it did have weren’t particularly descriptive, so to a certain degree, we all just ordered some random things.


Since service was kind of slow (as it is in most Moldovan restaurants), we didn’t finish up until about 3:00, and we walked back towards the center so some of us could exchange money. After a bit, most of the group decided to go to a cafe (not because we were hungry, just so we could have a place with WiFi to study before going home), so while they looked for a place, Cameron and I stopped in at a bookstore to try and find some presents for people back at home (I didn’t find everything I was looking for, but I did find some things, which was useful).

We met them at a cafe a little outside of the center in an area I hadn’t been to before, so it was fun getting to see some new parks and statues on the way there.

After studying for a while, and once it started getting a bit later, everyone gradually left either to go home (which I did), but some of the others wanted to go to a trivia night at the ACCESS camp, which sounded fun, but I was feeling a little exhausted.

When I got home, I didn’t feel like doing too much other than wrapping up my studying and eating a small dinner.

Comments

  1. Lucia, my love...eye love your blogs and predict that you will one day be both an acclaimed photographer and a well recognized food authority. eye'm so proud of U! O4O2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Week 3 Day 1