Week 3 Day 5

Still trying to get caught up!

Friday was a comparatively relaxing day, which was nice (and much-needed). We had our tests in school and then went out to lunch at Rozmarin, where I had a sandwich and some type of dessert (I think it was an egg tart), that were both pretty good and filling. We also got a chocolate cake for Cameron’s birthday earlier in the week, which was really good.

My “Italian sandwich” 
The egg tart (maybe?).

After lunch we walked back to the university for our weekly meetings, where we gave feedback about the week’s activities (there was a LOT), talked about how classes were going, schedule changes, and prepared for our weekend excursion.

Since I had scheduled my individual meeting with Elliott for right after that, I stayed behind for another 45 minutes just to go over basic check-ins and just talking in general about the experience so far.

I got on the bus in the direction of the city center, and called Georgia to see where everyone was, since I didn’t know where everyone was, and then decided to make my way over to Malldova, where she said they were.

We wandered around for a bit and I tried on some clothes, as they were inexpensive compared to the U.S. (they had great potential too, only they didn’t fulfill it), but didn’t buy anything. However, I did see this gem:

It is truly an A+ shirt.

We wandered around for a bit longer until several people left, and out of boredom, Melina, Cameron and I decided to get some ice cream, which was surprisingly good!

I got grapefruit and lime ice cream.

We then headed back into the city, where Cameron and I changed busses, and while waiting at the bus stop, we saw the bus’s wires (I don’t know if that’s the right word?) get crossed—I have no clue how it happened—and the ticket taker, who was an older woman, had to get off and fix them somehow, since the trolley busses run off of electricity and in the process the bus’s power had gone off.

The bus whose wires (?) got crossed.

Fortunately, we got home without any problems on our bus and I spent the rest of the evening relaxing before heading to bed, since my host mom didn’t get home until late.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Week 3 Day 1