Week 5 Day 2

On Tuesday, classes continued as usual, mostly reviewing grammar, especially all the different cases.

For lunch, we went to a restaurant called “Propaganda”, which is apparently owned by some famous Moldovan journalist. Since we had to get there on our own from the university, it took us some time trying to find it, but in the end we all got there relatively unscathed.

It turns out I got pasta for lunch (I must have been really hungry the day I ordered), so even though it wasn’t entirely what I ended up wanting in the moment, it was still a good lunch.

My lunch.

From there, we walked to the Enthnographic Museum, which was located in this really interesting building (it looked a lot like a mosque), and we had a tour there for about an hour. There were all sorts of different exhibits, like a dinosaur skeleton, traditional Moldovan clothes, and they also had a series of maps from different time periods showing for how long Moldova had been underwater, pre-human era, so I definitely learned a lot from those.

Since it was almost excruciatingly hot that day and none of us felt like walking very far (or anywhere), we settled down at a cafe a few blocks away to do our homework and share some interesting anecdotes from our time with our host families—it was nice to take a minute to breathe and get everything out of our systems.

Eventually, I decided it was time to head home, so I stopped by the market on the Main Street on my way to the bus stop, and got some more souvenirs for my friends back home. I also managed to get a decent picture of the Central Park (which actually makes up probably a quarter of the city center—and I’m only half joking about that), since on all the other days there’s been rain, or too many cars, or just odd lighting, so that was also fortunate:


When I got back home, I took some time write a few more letters and organize my thoughts before going to bed, which was kind of a relief since both are things I have been meaning to do for a while!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Pre-Departure Orientation: Day 2