Week 4 Day 6

On Saturday, I got to sleep in until about 8:30-9:00, which was exactly what I needed after the exhaustion of the school week.

I had breakfast with my host mom and then I did a good amount of summer reading and my weekend homework from class. I also organized the desk in my room and cleaned out all the things I had been too lazy to do during the week, which was productive and oddly satisfying.

For lunch, one of Vera’s friends came over, so we ate together and talked for a bit. We had borscht for lunch (russian beet soup) that I had kind of been dreading, but it was actually really good! It’s not something I’ll be pining for when I leave, but I could see myself ordering it at a restaurant sometime.

I wrote some letters in the afternoon, and in the evening Bepa and I went to a concert at the theater. It was probably my favorite concert so far: there was chamber music with two different sets of musicians who alternated, and I really enjoyed the whole thing, even though I wasn’t familiar with any of the music they were playing.

That being said, it did run a lot longer that the other concerts we had gone to: instead of finishing at 9:00, it finished at 9:40, and curfew is at 10:00 for all participants. My host mom and I practically ran to the bus stop (but we had to wait a bit for one to come), and then getting off a stop earlier than usual and running to our apartment building. We got home at 10:03 (I told Elliott and everything is fine), which was just a bit nerve-wracking.

It was probably the most relaxing day here that I’ve had so far, but it came at a good time and I really appreciated having some time to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Pre-Departure Orientation: Day 2