Week 5 Day 1

Monday of this week was a good way to ease into the week, especially since some of us were feeling a little bit under the weather upon realizing that we’re already more than two thirds of the way through the program.

We went to class as usual and went over last week’s test as well as learning about the fifth case, which is the last one we had left to learn.

After school, we all walked a few blocks to Andy’s food market, where we had the lunch that we had ordered the last time we were there. I got potato были with sour cream and a lemon tart for desert (it was really good!).



We hung around there for a little bit and waited for our language partners to show uo since we were doing another city quest that day to visit the dendrarium (a public garden with a lot of different flowers and small lakes).

We walked around the dendrarium for a while, so it was really lucky that we were there on a day with good weather, if only a bit too hot for my taste. But we were still able to enjoy all the flowers and various other plants!

Just inside the dendrarium’s main entrance.
One of the ponds.

After we all finished up, a small group of us took a bus to the center and walked up Pushkin street to Folk’s Croissants, a cafe some of the others liked and where we could sit for a while and do homework.

After I had gotten my homework done and finished it started to get a bit late, I walked over to the closest bus stop and went home.

When I got home, I had some dinner, even though I wasn’t very hungry, and then Vera and I went for a walk around the grounds of the police hospital, which is only a few blocks away from our apartment building. In the gardens, they had a lot of wooden sculptures of animals, so Vera taught me the Russian words for them, which was actually pretty useful (I don’t remember them all, but there were some that did stick with me).

One of the best parts of my day, however, was when I Skyped my mom from the cafe and got to introduce her to some of my friends; so it was a good day with a lot of high points!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Day 2

Week 4 Day 3

Week 3 Day 1